What’s On Guide
I’ve worked in my role of editor and copywriter for the What’s On Guide and Poster since 2008. What’s On is a listing and event preview magazine aimed at all ages. Being a monthly magazine editor is a mixture, in movie terms, of Ground Hog Day and Back To The Future. You’re always working at least a month in advance which means I never remember what is going on this month as I’m already ‘living’ in the next. However the process remains the same for every issue and as soon as you’ve put one ‘to bed’ you’re starting another!
My role encompasses:
- Sourcing subjects/themes relevant to the months to come throughout the year
- Keeping abreast of local events
- Hiring, briefing and overseeing writers
- Writing and editing content
- Liaising between designer, advertisers, printers and management
- Overseeing the issue as a whole
- And much much more!